19 October 2015

.presence.


New England is such a bold teacher. Just one week ago it was 74 degrees and I was riding my bike in a tank top and short shorts. Today it was a high of 43 degrees and I rode my bike with two jackets on and my fleece neck warmer. The temperature drop seems so rapid - so drastic like we skipped over fall in a few days but that is just New England. The weather forecast says that it will be 70 again in a few days. A lesson reminding me to be present. To be fully in the moment. To soak up the sun and warmth when it's 70 degrees and savor the cold  40 degree weather that encourages me to root down into my work and make delicious nourishing food. Be mindful and find gratitude for what I have in the moment. 

I saw this today, the Universe is always teaching me if I are open to see/hear it.

To be mindful is to be fully present with whatever we are doing. If you are drinking tea, just drink your tea. Do not drink your worries, your projects, your regrets. When you hold your cup, you may like to breathe in, to bring your mind back to your body, stop your thinking, and become fully present. In that moment, you become real and the cup of tea becomes real. In this state of true presence and freedom you enjoy simply drinking your tea. 
- Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: