25 July 2023

.I carry the ocean with me.

 While on Shaw Island a few weeks ago I did a lot of beachcombing at low tide. I found beautiful perfect shells and interesting broken bits. I found myself holding onto the prefect shells, feeling the preciousness of the find. Then started to see the beautiful and intrigue of the broken and worn-down shells. The change in color and texture for time, salt water, and sun. They almost don't even look like shells. I love the questions they ask.

I'm slowing working on a little series but here is what's evolved so far. A brooch with a broken shell and a pair of earrings with almost matching shells. What a find! It was fun to play with the scale of the brooch design. Now I'm working on a necklace with broken shells. I'm really excited to see how it evolves.


No comments: