27 August 2017

.west to east - a nomadic residency.


September 1st I'm embarking on a nomadic residency starting in Ketchum, Idaho and will travel east to Somerville, Massachusetts.

Living in the wild untamed lands of the west has been such an inspiring time for me and my jewelry design process. The slow life and the access to open lands has taught me to be more present and absorb my environment, it's something I want to continue to practice. This realization led to the idea of a nomadic residency! At the beginning of the year I  created a collection of jewelry, East to West inspired by my move from Somerville to Ketchum. I have travelled East to West and West to East many times but never the space in between. This residency will travel over 10 states (Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and Massachusetts) and span 20 days. The intention is to absorb the places + landscapes in between the West and East. After this journey I will create a new collection of jewelry, West to East inspired by the experience + landscape I encounter.

I'll be sending out residency updates from the road and images on instagram @aeodesigns.

Join me on this adventure!!


No comments: