24 August 2017

.colors of the west.


I'll be leaving this place in 10 days. 

I can't believe that my time is over here. 

I'm excited to move forward into the unknown - to explore new landscapes of the west as I travel east + initiate new patterns YET with every single move no matter how much time I spend in a space there is always a resistance to letting go - maybe it's part fear and the other part is wanting to hold on tight to something I've loved. 

I made a list of all the things I wanted before I came here: nature, trails, mountains, slowness, small town, long drives, alpine lakes, freedom, space, wild, sagebrush, dark nights and quiet. I found all of them here! It reminded me that life is indeed magical and our perception is reality YET I only made a list of the things I was missing from Boston and overlooked the beauty of a community, support, art and spaces that I could bring my FULL self into without limiting or hiding. 

This place has been an amazing mirror that has taught me so much in a very uncomfortable way. I've been given the blessing of sitting in discomfort - to really LOOK at myself - my patterns - the way I jump into intimacy - the way I haven't always known how to trust and use my voice - the way I have fled myself because I was so afraid to be wrong - the way I have forgotten my warrior ways. I will forever be grateful to this space for all the tough lessons and space it has given me - for the chance to walk the land everyday and feel the power +  peace that ONLY comes from connecting to land and for the knowledge of knowing that it's time to go and that closure only comes from myself because my journey is mine and mine alone. 

But in my last few days I will walk this magical land of the high desert as much as possible to absorb and collect these colors! These are the colors of my childhood and the colors of my heart!! 

--------------

I'll be road tripping from Idaho to Massachusetts in September on a nomadic metalsmith residency! I'll share more details soon!! 

xx

Alicia  

No comments: