30 May 2016

.the wave is coming.


I've been spending a lot of time being busy lately. I do this before a shift of change happens - I can feel it and instead of sitting and looking at it directly I start moving faster - doing more - connecting less. 

I met an artist at a wedding this weekend. We were taking the bus over to the wedding venue and she was sitting right behind me. She was such a beautiful thoughtful woman - she was so open to share about her art and journey with me, we just connected instantly. I was asking her what medium she usually works with and she started to share that she's always experimenting but lately having moved to live on a farm in the country she wasn't making as much and felt a change coming. I totally understood what she was saying and shared that I had quit my job a year ago to do my art almost full-time and was now feeling a shift coming in how I spent my time. I sometimes feels so privileged to share that I quit my job to make art and she was so quick to ask "but WHY do you feel that way? Because our society doesn't value art. We value people living lives that they have been told/conditioned to follow and we get stuck there because change is SCARY. Good for you for not listening to that!" It's those beautiful little moments that I know I am right where I am suppose to be and that I have to stay open because the Universe is always sending me messages that I need to hear to be reminded/encouraged along this path. I agreed with her that change IS scary that my go-to is usually to really follow my heart and then right as a shift is coming I get nervous and go back to working a job in public health where I can get consistent pay and benefits. I asked what her art was evolving into now and she said "I don't know. It just feels like something big but I don't know what it is yet." I totally agreed with her sharing that to me it feels like this big wave is building up inside of me what I don't know where it's going to take me too. She said "I use that wave analogy all the time for change." 

So grateful for all these moments of authenticity - moments of clarity - moments of connection. 

No comments: