23 March 2015

.portland maine.

“Be vulnerable.
Let yourself be deeply seen,
love with your whole heart,
practice gratitude and joy…be able to say ‘I am thankful to feel this vulnerable because it means I am alive’,
and believe ‘I am enough.’
You are worthy of love & belonging.”
- Brene Brown, The Power of Vulnerability (via tblaberge)





I journeyed up to Portland, Maine to spend some time with a  dear friend this weekend. I am a wander and a nomad in my heart of hearts but this past year I have felt things changing and moving in my heart and desires – a desire to be somewhere – to stay – to root myself to a place BUT I still need that energy I gather from being in new surroundings. This weekend was a good reminder to make the time/plans to take day trips and weekend bus adventures.

I found Portland to be a quaint little fishing town with dreamy views of boats on the harbor, cobblestone streets and pungent fish markets BUT I could also feel the new energy come to the city in local businesses, art scene and amazing food. I had my first brown butter lobster roll at Eventide, whoa. 

It was only 36 hours but the new city and authentic conversations with my girl totally fed my soul and gave me so many things to think about and process. It was hard to come back to work this morning with all this energy to process and create. I hope you are making space for those things that fill you up and re-energize your spirit. 

Much Love.

No comments: