06 June 2014

.great smoky mtns.

I went to visit family in the great smoky mountains after 26 years. I found the smoky mountains to be even more beautiful that I remembered/imagined.





As we were driving into the national park engulfed by the thick electric green foliage I saw a monarch butterfly outside of the window and then another and then another. I think I counted 8 butterflies welcoming - guiding us to the mountains. My Nana always loved monarch butterflies. I wondered if the butterflies always greeted her to the mountains like this, maybe this is how she fell in love with them. Maybe this was the way I knew I was there - in the land where Nana was raised and always held so tight in her heart even after 60 some years in Washington. She always was a Tennessee mountain girl.

Such a beautiful moment.

No comments: