10 April 2013

.t w e n t y n i n e.

Photo Source, my other wish would be for THIS to be my bday dinner party!!


29 years of a life worth living. I feel blessed on the regular to have lived a life up to this moment full of beauty, rich love, passions, adventures, and many a challenges.

I came across this Kahlil Gibran quote yesterday, 

“The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain…When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.”

The 28th year of my life was super intense and filled with huge levels of joy and sorrow – transitioning me to a more raw authentic self – 29 is going to be the year of tasting all these complex flavors!

I always make a list of wishes every birthday, one for every year. This year I’ll make one too but really I have one big wish (challenge) that has been in the works but after reading this I realized that the time is NOW. I’m getting a touring bike and I’m going for a long ride. The details will come later, maybe just a week or maybe more but I am honored to have been reminded (once again!) life is PRECIOUS and beautifully FRAGILE and I never want to  forget to live every moment and be thankful for the ability to move my body and connect with this world. 

No comments: