08 January 2012

.we are the ones we've been waiting for.

I forgot how many books you read in the Peace Corps! Ha! One of the books I’m reading right now is, Meditations from the Mat, it’s really helping me to start my days connected and balanced. Two days ago I read this quote and I’ve been holding on to it:

“There is a river flowing now, very fast. It is so great and swift that there are those who will be afraid. They will try to hold on to the shore. They will feel they are being torn apart and suffer greatly. Know that the river has its destinations. The elders say we must push off into the middle of the river, keep our eyes open and our heads above water. See who is in there with you and celebrate. At this time in history we are to take nothing personally, least of all ourselves, for the moment we do that, our spiritual grown comes to a halt. The time of the lone wolf is over. Gather yourselves; banish the word “struggle” from your attitude and vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred way in celebration. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for.” Hopi Elder
I can’t seem to stop thinking about these words; they are so heavy, fruitful, and direct. I believe that the universe has it’s time and this is JUST the time I needed to hear these things. When I was standing on the shore I loved just gazing at the river and imagining what it would be like to fully experience it, letting go of it all. Yet here I am again holding on so very tight enjoying the view with only my toes in the water; I’m giving all my love to what is not.
This is my pathway, my time, my truth…I choose to be more present and give love to what is here and let go of the rest. I am the one I’ve been waiting for (and I need to remind myself of this daily!).


In less existential news, I had this friendly visitor on laundry day. Can you see him in the first picture? We chatted for a bit and then he crawled up into the mango tree never to be seen again. And today marks the official last day of my extended holiday. Off to work bright and early tomorrow! I'll be pitching my work plan to my Supervisor...I'll keep you posted.

much love to you and yours.
a

No comments: