10 April 2023

.t h i r t y n i n e.

 

 

I took a quick one-night solo camp trip to celebrate the beginning of my 39th year. I ventured to a new place, not far, but somewhere I've not been before, although it is on maybe my favorite stretch of highway in Central Washington between Coulee City and Grand Coulee. The landscape is just awe-inspiring. Surrounded by basalt rock formations and Banks Lake, rabbitbrush covers the land, along with dunes, and the entrance to the park has towering mullein that looks mystical in its striking height. 

I kayaked on the lake but hit a bit of a storm, so I already have plans to return to explore more. The rain stopped in the evening enough for a walk around. You can see the golden glow of the sunset in the pictures. I've been reading Osho, and he talks about the miracle of joy, not to take it for granted or fear it. I walked the campground with a mantra of "I'm grateful for the miracle of joy and connection." 

It has been a year of reconnecting - with myself and the people from whom I've disconnected. I'm so grateful for those moments over the past year. I'm open to what comes this year. I think that's my word for my 39th year - OPEN. It feels symbolic in some weird way, the last year before a new decade. I want to stay open to it all. 

No comments: