24 September 2018

.full moon in aries tea.


Words, Recipe + Inspiration from Steph Zabel:

"I trust that I know the truth for myself."

Trusting ourselves involves connecting in to our own power and taking action with confidence. But before there can be trust there must be truth. Trust -- above all -- involves truth, honesty and integrity.
It can be challenging to trust in the external world as there are many illusions that surround us -- many people and situations certainly prove themselves to be untrustworthy.

But despite what happens in the external world we can always cultivate a deep trust in ourselves. And if we all work on trusting ourselves then the world becomes a more truthful and trustworthy place.
Just as you can only trust another person when you know they are telling the truth, you can only trust yourself when you are completely honest with yourself.

When you doubt yourself you move around in confusion and shadows; when you trust in yourself you clearly see what is right and true for you. 

With this moon tea you can affirm: 
I trust that I am exactly where I am meant to be. I trust that life -- my life and all of life -- is unfolding exactly as it should.
 I trust that I make the best decisions for myself. 
I trust that I know the truth. 

Keep these statements in mind as you make the tea, and especially as you drink it...

CALENDULA
(Calendula officinalis)
~ to center us in our power ~

HAWTHORN
(Crataegus spp.)
~ to offer support & comfort when we feel self-doubt ~

FENNEL SEED
(Foeniculum vulgare)
~ to help us clearly see what is true ~

ROSEMARY

(Rosmarinus officinalis)
~ to remember who we really are ~

HOW TO MAKE THE MOON TEA:

~ Take the herbs above and place as much or as little of them as you feel is the right amount into a clean glass jar. (As a starting point I usually use anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of dried herbs per 1 cup of water.)

~ If you don't have all of these herbs, it's ok. Use what you have. You can used dried or fresh herbs. Everyone's moon tea will be a little different. 

~ In the evening pour pure, room-temperature water over the herbs then let your covered jar sit in the light of the full moon overnight.

~ Your tea can steep anywhere the moonlight will touch it. This can be in a backyard, on a balcony, or on a windowsill. Try to place it somewhere elevated and with a clear view of the sky so it can catch as many moonbeams as possible.

~ If moonlight is not able to reach the steeping jar (as when it's cloudy or rainy) that's ok -- the intent behind the moon tea will still be strong, and that's where much of the transformative power of this tea resides.

~ Remember that other readers are placing their tea jars out to steep on the same evening, and send them telepathic greetings and well-wishes. Keep the intent in mind as you do so. 

~ The next morning strain out the herbs (and compost them, if possible).

~ You can drink this brew throughout the whole next day or all at once. Remember to keep the intention in mind as you drink:

"I trust that I know the truth for myself."

No comments: