07 November 2017

.above the clouds.


I've been asking a lot of questions lately without answers. I've felt big things moving and shifting inside of me. Sometimes impermanence feels so invigorating and in other moments, overwhelming. I'm trying to renew myself in a familiar space - acknowledgeing all the changes that have occurred inside of me within the past year. I flew west to Washington, just a month after leaving the west and it felt like home looking out the plane window, the mountains + colors - the vastness. I felt a loneliness looking out the window and then realized the gratitude I held for the connecting moment of the sky meeting the clouds, that moment + perspective always feels like I was living inside of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. I felt gratitude for my expanding heart when I looked out to see the mountain lake of my childhood, Lake Chelan. So grateful to see things from so many sides - to feel home - to feel my heart fill up when I look down from above the clouds.

I was listening to a podcast by Tara Brach this week and she said "Life should be experienced like a curious mystery not a problem to solve" I hope I hold onto that and let go of the need for answers.

No comments: