27 April 2014

.just a dream.


What if this was all really just a dream?

What expectations would you mute? What roles would you dissolve? What road blocks would you drive around
Would you get a new set of paints for your life? Get a bigger canvas to paint the day - journey - future?

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do 

with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver


Why do I hold so tight to these expectations? Most of them are just fuzzy unspoken lines. There is no reality in them - only imagined - but the mind is powerful. The imagined is the most powerful - manipulating an illusion of reality.

I have had such a wild life full of beautiful, unique and unbelievable moments. Many moments of which were not fully experienced because of the expectations - lines - imagined reality I gave power to - that I allowed to pull me away from actually feeling the moment.


I am most grateful for the recent steady stream of reminders that I am the ONLY one holding myself back. The thoughts that I give power to will be the indicators of my day - journey - future. I hold all the power. The power is mine. 

No comments: