04 March 2014

.the choices we make.


How will life change you? How do you allow life to change you?

I am an impulsive Aries. I love distractions and my strengths lie in changeability. I have a tendency  to do things for the challenge/adventure of it. i.e. I decided to go wherever the US gov't offered to fly me and live there for 2 years. Then when life became day-to-day I decided to once again get on the government funded airplane adventure and go, despite it all. The choice to get on the airplane forever changed my life.

Everything changes everything. I believe that what I do today will change tomorrow, even in a micro way. It is a step on the journey but going to Africa was a leap. It forever changed me. Because it was Africa, because of the time, because of the way I leaped, because of the way I opened myself up, because of the way it healed me and made me raw, because of the way it distanced me from my "world", because of the quiet moments, because of the deviation.

I left because I didn't want to sit in the here and now. I left because I wanted a rush. I left because I wanted to never regret. I left because I was fearful of not going and fearful of staying. I never thought about who I would become and the distance it would place between me and everything I had known.

This knowledge is neither left or right but simply my story. A detail of the story with a lot of discovery that I am only starting to comprehend.

How will life change you? How do you allow life to change you?

No comments: