15 May 2013

.just ride.


I'm riding my bike to work this week. It's something new and challenging for me. I don't live far from work but before I just didn't feel comfortable to ride on the roads in my town. After a bike-a-thon weekend a few weeks ago I remembered how good it feels just to ride and wanted to ride more than just once or twice a week. On top of that there's a ton of road construction going on right now so with those motivations I decided to ride to work last week and it felt good. It was a challenge to change my habit of driving (i.e. leaving my house 10 minutes earlier) but I noticed I felt so much better (more awake - alert - happy) when I got to work. 

We all have different situations - some of us live near work - some of our are in better bike shape - some of us have more geared out bikes but what really matters is just riding. Find the balance that works for you. 

don't be prey, an avid cyclist and a personal bike role model of mine wrote a great bike week post! Check it out. 

What is your motivation to ride?

No comments: