07 February 2012

Sometimes it almost feels like the wind is knocked out of me when I truly FEEL the fragility of life. Life has been weighing heavy on me, I can feel it all.
It’s so easy to get comfortable and merely exist (which I always confuse with living). Then like an overpowering wave I’m knocked down, spun around, pushed into the sandy floor of the ocean and dragged into shore. My initial reaction is fear, then pain, and then I realize that life lies in that very moment. Life makes us so very vulnerable and from there fear creeps into our thoughts and before we know it we have locked ourselves up so tight we forget what life IS and how it FEELS to share oneself.
Yesterday I felt like I was crumbling. Reframing my thoughts today I can realize that I’m truly living, exposing myself to the world and all its intensities.

"This is when the magic happens: right when you feel like everything is going wrong, shift your attitude to accept that it's actually going right. Our judgments of how we think our life should be are preventing us from reaching our Highest Potential. If you're going through a storm, hold the belief that it's the perfect storm for you to be going through and that you've been given everything you need to weather the storm. When the chaos subsides you will experience the Truth that is forever true; you are always taken care of, exactly where you need to be and your efforts are rewarded exactly when they need to be. Remember this Truth the next time a storm is on the horizon and you will grow wings and be able fly right over it and towards the calm waters of Trust and Love."
- Jackson Kiddard
I’m alive and grateful for the sun rising this morning, for the big silver moon that illuminated my room last night, and for each and every person in my life.
For YOU I am thankful.
YOU are loved and worthy of life.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Alicia, you are so wise, courageous, and your words just make me realize what privilege I carry with me. I hope one day to inspire my students to embrace life the way you do! I am so inspired by you!